Have you ever asked yourself why you just can’t lose weight, despite doing all the right things when it comes to eating? Well, just maybe all the right things are actually the wrong things.* The Keto diet turns the conventional weight loss wisdom on its head with a revolutionary approach to eating that:
- Encourages you to eat more fat
- Puts the flavor back into the food
- Allows you to lose weight without ever going hungry
We offer a full 30-day ketogenic meal plan (150 recipes) free of charge. Just let us know where to send it by filling the form at the bottom of this article.
Within your fat stores, you have a tremendous reserve of energy. The keto diet allows you to tap into that energy reserve so that you can turn ugly fat into usable energy. You do it by cutting your body’s preferred energy source, carbohydrates. All foods contain all three of the macronutrients – carbs, proteins, and fats – in different ratios. However, most of the calories in food comes from one macronutrient. So, we can typically classify foods as being either a fat, a protein or a carbohydrate. Here are some foods that are mainly fats . . .
- Oils (e.g., olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil)
- Fats in the flesh of fish and meat
- Nuts (e.g. walnuts, almonds, pecans)
- Seeds (e.g, pumpkin, flax, chia)
- Coconut meat (only unsweetened)
- Butter, cream, and cheese
You can eat as much as you want of these fatty foods. The great thing about eating fatty food, apart from the fact that it tastes great, is that it fills you up. Be sure, however, that you don’t overindulge on fatty foods. if you take in more than your body needs, the excess will be stored as body fat.
Protein for Muscle
The body uses protein for muscle building and cell repair. While on the keto diet, you need to eat enough protein to maintain your lean body weight. The best protein sources on the keto diet include the following:
- Meats (beef, pork, lamb, buffalo, venison)
- Poultry (chicken, turkey, duck, goose, quail)
- Fish (mackerel, trout, salmon)
- Tofu and tempeh
- Cheese, yogurt, nuts, and seeds
It is important to understand that the keto diet is not a high protein diet; it is a high-fat diet. Too much protein causes a spike in insulin levels. This will interfere with fat breakdown. Protein helps to create glucose, and too much glucose can suspend ketosis.
The key to the ketogenic diet is to discipline yourself to NOT eat any of the following foods:
- Foods made with sugar or caloric sweeteners, such as honey or maple syrup
- Foods made with flour, such as bread and pasta
- Grains, such as rice, oats, and quinoa
- Starchy vegetables, such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn and peas
- Lactose rich dairy products, such as milk, ice cream and the majority of yogurts
You DO want to eat high fiber, vitamin, and mineral-rich, low-calorie carb foods. Examples of the types of carbs you should be eating are:
This is key. It’s not mandatory per se, but still… It’s key. When it comes to KETO only recently science has developed some supplements, but boy some (not all) are really good.
At the moment there are drinks which will have therapeutic ketones in them, which would dramatically help you get into ketosis, maintain it and overall benefit from it.
In order to start burning fat using the keto diet, you might need anywhere from 10 to 30 days before your body even starts that process. If you start the diet and start drinking therapeutic ketones then you will skip that phase and start the process much faster and much more efficient.
This article is not to promote specific supplement, but if you are interested then fill-up the form below the article and with the meal plan and 150 keto recipes you will also receive a recommendation and possibly a discount or maybe even a trial bottle of what we find to be good and working right now.
You now have the basics of the keto diet, along with food lists to get you going. The following tips will allow you to fast track your keto success…
- Realize that you don’t need carbs in your life. Your body can actually make all the carbs you need.
- Don’t be afraid of fat – it is the foundation of the keto diet.
- Count your carbs
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full
- Keep favorite keto foods on hand
- Eliminate foods from your home that are not allowed
Where Would You Like Your 30 Day Ketogenic Diet Plan?
Including 150+ Recipes
This website offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis treatment. This website does not promise any specific results, as each individual responds differently to training. The author of this article is not a medical professional. We have volunteers in our organization from different aspects of health, nutrition, and fitness. Not just modern medicine doctors and physicians, but yoga teachers, spiritual teachers, martial arts teachers, and energy healers and we use all those resources to be able to provide the best and most proper advice to people around all walks of life. We do not have a defined goal, we only have a mission to help as many people as we can.