5 Weight Loss Mistakes That Are Holding You Back


Are you doing everything right – eating clean, exercising hard, getting plenty of sleep – but still not managing to budge that spare tire around your middle? Your Weight Loss plan still not working?

You’re not the only one. Millions of people are in the same boat. There are 5 common mistakes that are holding most of them back – maybe they’re holding you back, too.*

Mistake No. 1: Doing the Wrong Exercise Type

diaet-mistake-Doing-the-Wrong-Exercise-TypeThe common belief is that, to lose body fat, you’ve got to do a lot of cardio. But that’s not what the current research is indicating.  Studies show that long, slow cardio will release hormones that actually make you store fat. What’s more, long slow cardio sessions can make you lose muscle tissue.

Try swapping long, slow cardio with short sharp intense bouts of resistance training. High-intensity interval training, where you exercise intensely for short bursts, will bring on the ‘after burn’ effect, allowing you to burn more calories for the next 48 hours.

Mistake No. 2: Not Enough Movement

If you are sedentary all day long, your exercise sessions may just not be enough to make  a difference. Make the conscious effort to move more, not just during your workout, but all the time. Start using the stairs, park further away and walk more. Go for a walk during your work lunch break.

Mistake No. 3: Under Eating

Mistake-of-diet-Under-EatingIf you are trying to lose weight, do not skip meals. Not only will it make you more likely to binge eat, but it will slow your metabolism and tell your body to hold onto its body-fat stores. Rather than following drastic diet practices, eat three nutritious meals per day and have healthy snacks in between if you feel hungry.

Mistake No. 4: Eating Unhealthy Snacks

It’s the biggest trap that we all face – the late evening fridge raid. We really want something healthy, but the only thing in the freezer is ice cream. Minutes later, the tub is empty and you feel guilty. To make things even harder, some foods that you think are good for you, such as yogurt and muesli bars, are actually packed with sugar.

Start reaching for a smarter snack, such as boiled eggs, tuna on crackers or plain Greek yogurt.

Mistake No. 5: Getting Too Extreme

Mistake-of-diet-Getting-Too-ExtremeCrash diets that cut out an entire food group, or killing yourself at the gym, are not only unsustainable – they will slow your metabolism and leave you fatter than when you started. Research shows that two-thirds of dieters end up fatter than when they began.

A healthy lifestyle, with the occasional treat thrown in, is the way to long-term sustained weight loss. Follow the 80 / 20 rule; follow a clean, healthy diet 80% of the time and enjoy foods that are not so good for you the other 20%. It can keep you motivated, and, according to research, will kick-start your metabolism to help get you out of a weight loss plateau.

Fitness Disclaimer

This website offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis treatment. This website does not promise any specific results, as each individual responds differently to training. The author of this article is not a medical professional. We have volunteers in our organization from different aspects of health, nutrition, and fitness. Not just modern medicine doctors and physicians, but yoga teachers, spiritual teachers, martial arts teachers, and energy healers and we use all those resources to be able to provide the best and most proper advice to people around all walks of life. We do not have a defined goal, we only have a mission to help as many people as we can.